It is impossible to live without electricity in today’s world. We use it for everything in our homes and businesses, and it has become a core value in our lives. Despite that, electricity can also be one of the most dangerous things we can encounter, when precaution is not taken. It becomes even worse if we have children in our homes. Most of the time they want to try and figure out what would happen if they tried something with the electricity, such as inserting fingers into sockets. In this article, we are going to take a look at the most dangerous home electrical hazards that could put our children in danger.
- Poor Wiring and Defective Electric Cables
Poor wiring can be the cause of disasters in any home, leading to things like fires and power durges, or even worse. This is the reason why it is important to go for quality wiring which is in line with the set safety standards. It would be best to have a professional electrician install and do the repairs for your wiring on a regular basis.
- Outlets Close to Water
Water and electricity have never been good bed fellows since water is a good conductor of electricity. This is the reason why the power outlets should be as far away from any power outlets as possible.
- Wet Hands
This is similar to the point above. Always dry your hands before handling electrical appliances to avoid things like electric shocks. This includes things like hair dryers, which people usually use straight out of the bathroom.
- Pouring Water on Electrical Fires
One of the biggest mistakes that people do is to try and put out electrical fires using water. This just makes the fires worse and could lead to electrocution. It would be better to use the right fire extinguisher, or call the fire department.
- Young Inquisitive Children
Children, and especially young ones, should not be left unattended near electrical cables or appliances. Always ensure that there are safe power points at all outlets within their reach
- Extension Cords
It is very easy to trip over loose extension cables, and this could even cause damage to any components of appliances connected to them. It would be best to have them fixed in place.
It is important to keep them as far away from flammable materials such as beddings, and also turn off the power before replacing the bulbs.
Electrical Service Pros
As we had mentioned earlier in the article, you should always have a professional electrician install, check, and do all of your electrical repairs in order to avoid electrical hazards. This is where Electrical Services Pros comes in. Renown electrical contractors, Kettering, OH, cater for a wide range of home and business-related electrical services. The professionals from the company come and assess the electrical issues you have and then do the repairs, making sure to clear away any debris left. They offer 24-hour on call services because Electrical Service Pro understand that emergencies can happen at any time.
Electrical hazards can occur at any time and it is important to ensure that all the safety precautions are taken. Always ensure that a professional like Electrical Service Pro, does your installations and repairs for you, as the first step.…