Finding a nanny to take care of your children for you can be a stressful task. As a parent, you have to consider an endless number of things such as if you can trust the nanny, her past records etc. To make things easier for you, we have compiled a list of things you should do before making the hire!
- Consider to hire a nanny through a trustworthy and reputable agency. Not just do most trustworthy organizations do all the leg work of confirming possibility for you and doing record verifications, yet they can likewise help you make an agreement to oversee the relationship and terms amongst you and your babysitter, which can be a very important document.
- Conduct thorough interviews of the candidates. Put forth particular inquiries that identify with your family. Discover what their past employment obligations were and that if they will do the tasks you are searching for help with. Discuss your child raising methods and styles, and see whether the babysitter being interviewed will consent to take after your ways and methods.
- Consider the applicant’s past childcare experience. Has this individual really been paid to tend to a kid some time recently? An imminent caretaker ought to have no less than one year of combined related knowledge as a paid babysitter. Experience could be as an instructor, nanny, camp head or sitter/babysitter.
- Get no less than three childcare related references. These references ought not be from family or companions — just from individuals who were your applicant’s boss, guardians of kids he/she already watched over, or colleagues in a childcare agency or comparable position. In the event that the hopeful has no late references, that is an immense warning. At the point when checking references, be very thorough and careful.
- Consider the competitor’s training and ensure it fits with your family’s needs. Numerous organizations require a secondary school recognition/GED, yet an advanced education or appropriate proficient accreditation is an added bonus. On the off chance that it’s imperative that nanny would have to perform some teaching related tasks, then having educational experience becomes necessary.
- How might the applicant react in a crisis? See whether he/she is affirmed in pediatric CPR and First Aid.
- Do a background check. A trustworthy organization will run a background check for you. On the off chance that you are not using an agency, then you can easily run one on your own. All you need to do is head over to the internet on your laptop and run some advanced checks. This will help in checking past records, criminal records, previous employments etc. You can also match this information with what the applicant tells you about himself or herself. This way it will become more obvious if the applicant is an honest person who can be trusted or not.
- Trust your intuition. On the off chance that you don’t have a positive feeling about somebody — paying little respect to how they show up on paper or what previous managers have said — don’t hire him/her.